Today I felt the site needed a bit more structure, so I've done the following to it:
- Moved contact information to its own page instead of having it in the site template
- Trimmed down the landing page a bit
- Added a link to the file archive in the navbar
- Added descriptions to some files in the file archive via AddDescription in mod_autoindex
Adding descriptions involved some grief since Apache may apply a rule multiple times, and there is no way to say "only apply this rules once at this level please". So files like bg2-1.5a-server.zip would get the description for the bg2 folder, which looked very wrong. The simple solution was to add a rule like:
AddDescription " " *.*
This suppresses descriptions for all files with extensions unless I have added a description for them explicitly.
I also set the contents of the navbar manually by putting the following in pelicanconf.py:
DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_ON_MENU = False DISPLAY_PAGES_ON_MENU = False MENUITEMS = ( ('Home','/'), ('Blog','/category/blog.html'), ('Files','/files'), ('Contact','/pages/contact.html'), )
Future things to do on the site include adding HTTPS support and adding a demoscene category documenting all my productions ála xayax.net.